DB4IoT Transportation Data for GHG Reporting from Moonshadow provides detailed insight into the travel activity patterns in cities, metro areas and counties and can be used by consultants and local governments to gain a deeper understanding of when and where transportation is generating the most emissions.
DB4IoT Transportation Data for GHG Reporting delivers maps and spreadsheets that can be included in Community GHG Inventory Reports, Climate Action Plans and Transportation Plans that consultants prepare for cities, counties, MPOs and DOTs or can be used by local governments themselves to support new policies and plans. Moonshadow uses connected-vehicle data from millions of actual completed trips to generate DB4IoT Transportation Data for GHG Reporting.
More Evidence-Based Information
DB4IoT Transportation Data for GHG Reporting delivers more detailed granular information for creating evidence-based transportation plans to reduce emissions from on-road vehicle transportation.
- Data per vehicle weight class
- When and where the highest VMT/VKT occurred
- Origin-Destination travel patterns with VMT/VKT values within, to and from the city
- How travel patterns differ on weekdays versus weekends
- How morning peak, evening peak and off-peak travel is different
- Information on travel speeds
- When and where short passenger vehicle trips occur. ( Short trips have relatively high emission rates per VMT or VKT and often account for over 50% of all trips inside a community)
Learn more about DB4IoT Transportation Data for GHG Reporting